Edna Karr is an open enrollment public charter school whose admission policy is governed by the Recovery School District’s OneApp guidelines. Edna Karr strictly adheres to these policies and procedures. Information regarding the process and the timelines may be accessed at www.enrollnola.org
Once placement is made through OneApp, please note that the following steps must be taken to complete enrollment:
1. A seat claim form along with the documents must be presented at the school (due in late Spring 2019):
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Parent/Guardian photo ID
- Updated immunization records
- Final report card/transcript of all earned high school credits earned
- Spring standardized testing results
- 3 proofs of residency in Orleans Parish
2. Mandatory Online Enrollment July 2019
3. Mandatory On-Site Enrollment July 2019
- Acceptance into Edna Karr High School is based on an open admissions policy. Acceptance is a student's placement by the OneApp office and pending student's promotion to the next grade level at the end of the 2018-19 school year, based on grades, state standardized tests, and/or number of high school credits earned.
- Orleans Parish Residency is an enrollment requirement
- Edna Karr High School admissions requirements do not exclude pupils based on race, religion, gender, ethnicity, national origin, results of grades or I.Q. tests, or learning exceptionality.
- Falsification of any part of the application renders the application ineligible and any admission offered would thereby be revoked.
Preferences will be given to students who meet the following priority criteria:
- siblings of current Karr students
- children of current InspireNOLA staff
- current 8th graders at Alice Harte Charter School & Dwight D. Eisenhower Charter School
- applicants residing in Algiers (zip codes 70114 and 70131)