The mission of Edna Karr High School is to teach all students to be independent, life-long learners and achievers through the involvement of all stakeholders in a college preparatory environment. We offer a carefully designed curriculum, aligned in scope and sequence with the Louisiana Comprehensive Curriculum, which mandates increased course requirements in an effort at meeting student needs for college and life. The faculty and staff at Edna Karr High School have a geniune committment to educating all students. Teachers ensure all students' needs are met by designing rigorous, data-driven lessons using best practices strategies, innovative technology, and cross-curricular planning.
Students must pass 24 units of credit in order to graduate from Karr and the state of LA:
- 4 credits English
- 4 credits Math
- 4 credits Social Studies
- 4 credits Science
- 2 credits of Foreign Language
- ½ credit Health
- 1 ½ credit Physical Education
- Education for Careers
- Computer Science
- Fine Art Survey or Talented Art classes (2)
- Dual enrollment with local colleges and universities.
- NOCCA, the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.
- AdvanceNOLA, Cowen Institute, Tulane University
- Project GRAD